9.23.2021

Perfection 10/10

How I would miss you so

if you weren’t as omnipresent

in my life

my anchor, my mooring

my sweet stability.

May I not take you for granted-

your efforts, your love, your fighting

on my behalf

Or forget how even as my better half

You may need me

from time to time

Or even more than that, perhaps-

I am not a perfect product

and can hope only to progress

to a better version of myself,

more complete, more whole

more capable of giving you

every last iota of love

you deserve.

In the meantime:

life goes on,

we get older

navigate the mundane

and the Chicago river waters

on boats of wonder

and of necessity.

This life we have chosen to share

together

what does it all mean?

Sometimes, I don’t care anymore

because I have the honor of

sharing the same sofa as you

feeling your warmth

the vapors of your breath

Resting in your assurance,

Your grace

that allows me to

forget how valuable you are

as you return to your

fundamental nature

of having at the same time

absolute conviction

and supreme, unknowing

humility

turning away from yourself-

seeing crystal clear

the problems of the world

and not over-indulging

in your own importance.

And yet,

how could anyone,

how could I, give you

as little thought

as you give yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment