8.16.2026

Outweigh, Outremember, Outknow, Outlast

I flip through the glossy pages of the

magazines of my

mind

now without any of the photographs

which have long since been

cut out

pasted on whose vision boards

I do not know

as words are all that remain

in the warm blackness

of my receding brainline-

from which it can be deduced

by observing the negative space

what memories are no more

as the recollections

are not even but a flicker-

more like the barren gums of extracted

wisdom teeth

which were no more than

misnomers

from day 1.


I read to pull out meaning

from every sentence

expecting

a change in my ever-rambling

mental revolutions,

words replacing words and again

devoured by the misty white blackness,

that fog of unconsciousness

soon to be exuded back onto

paper

in a drawing or two

of images long since extinguished

in my most private

movie screen

by Odysseus's puncturing of my third eye

leaving me not quite a cyclops

as I remain with eye one and eye two,

correctable vision,

and astigmatism

(which wikipedia tells me is subjectively

noticeable by the expressions of 

refraction). 


I imagine or rather, think,

of light bending around the

curvatures of spheres and spheres of

existence

my chasma keeping a plastic record

of every sight I've seen,

every visibly blind man begging down

the corridors of a train,

every shivering man lying at death's

doorstep

in a metropolitan gutter,

every 17 year-old Ethiopian girl sombrely

describing her work,

every viral news clip not blurred out 

enough, as it hits me that another person

has died,

every glimpse at the sun,

in between flashings of the sky,

the hubris rising as if one could defeat

the sun itself

or reflect its light, scattering

its radiation in patterns

mirroring

the controlled, gusty

winds being channeled 

in spiralling paths,

in and out,

up and down,

and thru every cell of the body- 

as if one could outweigh gravity,

outremember the Past

outknow the Future

outlast Time

No comments:

Post a Comment