As I gaze into your eyes I see your soul
And watch your origami figurine unfold
And as you return to a creased paper square
You wriggle nervously beneath my stare
But I mean no harm, sincerely so
I look towards you because you glow
In all eight directions out you flow
And my eyes are simply two brown holes
I could instead look away and pause
As you gaze into me with no such awe
I could instead observe your hands,
Your body language or how you stand
But my eyes are fixed looking straight ahead
And you may be wondering what it is I've read
In your looks and glances and the thoughts therein
But I swear I'm no mentalist magician
I hear your words and see your face
Against the backdrop of the human race
And to me you seem a bit out of place
Like a tortoise in a greyhound race
Your eyes reveal you'd like to see
The fulfilment of your prophecies
But what it is you'd manifest
I dare not ask nor take in jest
For though I have the power of sight
I know not what will be your plight
The corner of my eyes press your paper tight
To return you to your unseen might-
An origami shape to withstand the wind
Simple and strong and wiped clean of sin
No comments:
Post a Comment