8.30.2024

Row Your Boat

Whatever I feel,

What’s done to me,

I’m still the one in charge.

Live life large

Or with serenity,

This life is my property.


For all those blows

Beyond my power,

It’s up to me to face the hour-

To stand up or capitulate,

As rising waters undulate,

Stay behind, duck, cower,

Or elevate my state?


I know I have to choose and yet,

No telling what’ll come to be,

What really separates my good intention

From insanity?

I think I’ve made the right choice,

So off I go smug and content,

Only to find catastrophe-

“No that’s not what I meant!”


Let go of what I can’t control,

I’ve heard it many times.

I’ve even heard I’m not my acts,

Nor the thoughts within my mind-

Just an awareness floating free,

Not shackled by free will,

Or tortuous responsibility,

Neither innocent nor guilty.


That sounds nice, that sounds easy,

I think I’ll drift along,

Row, row, row your boat I think’s the song-

Now I’ll sing it consciously.

No comments:

Post a Comment